µSteps is a small format adaptation of the original Mutable Instruments “Grids” module
µSteps is pre-flashed with last Official firmware and factory calibrated
It uses the same circuit design as the original but implemented into only 8HP
- Internal clock with a 40 to 240 BPM range.
- Beat indicator / Tap tempo button (reconfigurable as a reset button).
- External clock input, with selectable resolution (24, 8 or 4 ppqn).
- Pattern reset trigger input.
Drum pattern generator?
Based on a compressed representations of drum patterns and their variations.
- X/Y (pattern selection) knobs with CV inputs.
- Pattern complexity/density knobs for channels 1, 2, 3, with CV inputs.
- Pattern randomization knob with CV input (reconfigurable as a swing control for the internal clock).
- 3 output channels (BD, SD, and HH/percussion).
- 3 additional outputs, configurable as Accent/Clock/Reset or per-channel accent.
- Outputs can be either triggers or gates.
- Input impedances: 100k.
- CV acquisition: 8-bit, 1kHz.
- Output level: +5V.
- Clock resolution and processing latency: 120µs. Check the benchmark!
- Worst case jitter < 0.5% at 120 BPM.
Width: 8 HP
Deep: 25 mm
+12V: 25 mA
-12V: 1 mA
Original Grids designed by Olivier Gillet of Mutable Instruments.